Friday, November 7, 2008

Who's thewildeman?

Who’s thewildeman?
Hello, I am aspiring writer, David Wilde. This is my introduction, meant to give you a view into the facets that are me. It’s really amazing when you take a good look at yourself and realize all the things that you are. For starters I am a father and husband. I have the worlds most awesome kids, three daughters, one son and one stepson. Only my youngest currently lives with me, but I am in touch with all my kids. I think that’s important, even if you can do little else. Professionally I have done a lot of amazing stuff. My jobs in life ranged from planting trees to flipping burgers, to running a pizza restaurant. Mostly, I’ve worked at protecting and helping others. I have 19 years experience in doing jobs of security, protection, and law enforcement. Most recently I was an Animal Cop, helping people and their pets through education as well as law enforcement. I wrote tickets to people who violated laws like cruelty or neglect and brought lost pets back home. Now, I’m physically disabled and slowed down in life quite a bit, but I’m still kicking and trying to help others. How I do that is all that’s changed. I am a survivor of severe abuse from childhood. There are three forms of abuse and I was thrown into all three. Yet, I survived and defied statistics for male survivors. I refuse to become like my offenders. That’s how I beat them ultimately and brought myself up in life. I’ve been on my own since I was 14, I lived in a cardboard box at 15, and yeah, I still became an officer of the law later in life. Not only did I survive all that, but I survived being an undiagnosed Bipolar Autistic. Yes, I have autism as does my youngest son. I have spent the last several years learning as much as I can about what it means to be autistic and I have posted many blogs and even videos on the subject. I want to help others learn and cope. I overcame PTSD from my childhood and know the daily struggle of living with these combined conditions and their co-morbid factors. As with anyone, there is still even more to me than that. So I hope you will follow along with me on my journey and maybe together we can make the world a slightly better place. As I say often, ROCK ON!

No comments: